The positions of Ilir Meta and Monika Kryemadhi are aggravated, here are the "pearls" that were allegedly found in the cell phone seized from the PL deputy's mother's house, the investigators "flash" visits to various institutions, scanners of their as...
Berisha has elbowed those he saw as a danger, some he sent out of the country and others he executed, here are the people he is using to solve his problems with SPAK, Ilir Meta is the famous gold thief, Fatos Mahmutaj white behind the scenes of the "Fo...
The British shock the Albanian rulers, a special group arrives in Tirana for money laundering, the pact between SPAK and NCA is signed, the procedures to hand over the files for the accounts in London begin
Sensationally, next week the dossier prepared by the US for Rama and McGonigal will "land" on SPAK's desk with all the scorching evidence, from visits to Tirana, meetings and secret conversations with Albanian officials, to the huge damage of millions ...
Idajet Beqiri uncovers the sensational behind-the-scenes from Blinken's visit: Ilir Meta, Monika Kryemadhi, Flamur Noka, Genc Ruli and Ridvan Bode have been put on the US "blacklist", here's what the Americans are preparing
Spartak Ngjela warns of "VIP" arrests: The opposition leaders are scared of SPAK, the Socialist Party is divided into factions, here is Rama's plan to 'block' the name of his replacement, I tell you what is happening inside the pink headquarters
In the former security files, 600 UDB agents in Shkodër, the infiltration of former spies in Sali Berisha's DP, the bases where they were trained and the secret orders they received from the fascist government in Belgrade, the researcher of former comm...
"Terror" begins for Gülenists in Tirana, clashes and fights begin, believers try to drive the mufti of Tirana to the "Dine Hoxha" mosque, Bujar Spahiu is also in danger, threats to the life of the leader of the Muslim Community are disclosed
The fever for Ilir Meta, Sali Berisha and 3 well-known ex-ministers is increasing, that's why justice can open investigations into their affair of hundreds of millions that is disappearing from Albanians 10 million dollars a year
Written by Elmas Bogdani 2 Dhjetor 2023
Until now, Sali Berisha, Ilir Meta and their associates over the years have been untouchable as every case against them has been closed. If we look at all the high officials in the country, Berisha and Meta are the people who have the most reports. Although they have stated in the media that they have never been accused of corruption, the new justice currently has several files that, if properly investigated, will shake their positions. If the investigation begins properly, it will be the Americans who will exert strong pressure on the prosecutors to carry through to the end the decision to imprison them as well as to seize all the assets they have. The internationals have strongly entered the game to eliminate Berisha and Meta from the "circulation" and if they are kept bargaining between them, it will be the corruption files that will sink them. Their troubles may increase even more in the following days as justice may open investigations into the affair that has been kept quiet until now, even though 10 million dollars a year is disappearing from Albanians. The well-known lawyer Idajet Beqiri continues the battle for SPAK to register the report for Berisha and Meta regarding the privatization of HEC Ulëz, Shkopet, Bistrica 1 and Bistrica 2 before the parliamentary elections of June 23, 2013. Besides these two, he requested the follow-up criminal also for the former Minister of Finance, Ridvan Bode, the former Minister of Energy, Edmond Haxhinasto, the former Deputy Minister of Energy Sokol Dervishaj and the former director of KESH Engjëll Zeqo. Although the Special Prosecutor's Office prematurely closed the criminal complaint against Sali Berisha and Ilir Meta for the 4 Hydropower Plants, after the decision of Judge Daniela Shirka in the Appeal of the Special Court, the lawyer has filed an appeal before the criminal panel of the Supreme Court and hopes that the file can open are large, as the case is not yet definitively closed. One of the reasons may be because the Criminal College of the Supreme Court will be more careful with the decisions it will make after the shocking blow that Strasbourg gave to Gërdec and on January 21, it has significantly increased its vigilance in order not to fail again.
Details from Rekursi
The "SOT" newspaper has the document that lawyer Beqiri submitted before the Criminal College of the Supreme Court and it states that: "The decision of the Special Court of Appeal for Corruption and Organized Crime should be overturned and the Special Prosecution for Corruption and Organized Crime should be ordered Organized to initiate criminal proceedings and to bring to criminal responsibility the persons responsible for the theft through abuse of office as well as through active and passive corruption of 4 important national assets, the property of all Albanians by former Prime Minister Sali Berisha, and members of his government and high state officials Ilir Meta, Florjan Mima, Sokol Dervishaj, Edmond Haxhinasto, Ritvan Bode, Engjëll Zeqo, etc. The decision of the Court of Appeal has not brought anything new, except for those mentioned by the Court of First Instance, as if there was no appeal at all from the complainant, who has presented a series of evidence, facts and circumstances that have not been addressed, they have not been investigated, they have never received an answer from any level of judgment, or from the prosecution body. We are dealing with an unprecedented case, when a serious state crime is openly covered with consequences for the country's economy as well as for the economic life of Albanians. The Special Court of Appeal, like the Court of First Instance, considers the content of the criminal complaint "prejudiced" by mentioning the "investigation" that was made to the former Deputy Minister Eno Bozo in the Prosecutor's Office of the Judicial District of Tirana for the liquidation of the dividend in the amount of ALL 73,405,595 as well as for the non-notification in writing of the Company "Kurum International" about the draft net value as well as for the investment expenses. This is not the subject of our report at all, and Eno Bozo is not the subject of our report at all. The content of our criminal report contains a number of elements that have never been dealt with before through any investigation, which was dismissed by the Prosecutor's Office at the Court of First Instance in Tirana", the document states.
Lawyer Idajet Beqiri lists the evidence before the Criminal Panel of the Supreme Court implicating Meta, Berisha and the former ministers that should be properly investigated.
1. A few days before the general parliamentary elections of June 23, 2013, Sali Berisha and his associates drafted and approved 2 (two) Decisions of the Council of Ministers by means of which he committed serious criminal acts of corruption through the privatization of HPPs Ulez, Shkopet, Bistrica 1 and Bistrica 2.
2. The tendering of the four hydropower plants of Ulza, Shkopet and the two HPPs of Bistrica constitutes a criminal case because the former Prime Minister Sali Berisha and his associates sell existing energy works built during the communist regime to private parties.
3. The official data of the Government led by former Prime Minister Sali Berisha, former Minister of Economy Ilir Meta, former minister Edmond Haxhinasto, former minister Ridvan Bode, former deputy minister Sokol Dervishaj, as well as the official data of KESH led by Engjëll Zeqo show that in total Ulza, Shkopeti and the two hydropower plants of Bistrica have an installed power of about 77 megawatts, equal to 5.3 percent of the total power of KESH.
4. All four of these hydropower plants produced 406 million kilowatt hours of energy per year or 5.5 percent of all electricity produced by Albania. Based on the fact that the production of electricity in the country is estimated to generate over 200 million euros per year, the criminally charged persons, through the sale of these 4 hydropower plants, reduced the Albanians and the state budget by 10 million dollars in income for each year. From 2013 until today, 100 million dollars have been stolen from the state budget and Albanian taxpayers.
Abuses of national wealth
5. Official data shows that the four hydropower plants sold abusively by former Prime Minister Sali Berisha and his associates have the highest profit rates. Together with the Lanabregas HPP, which was sold to the Directorate of Water Supply in 2010, these hydropower plants provided about 6 percent of the total income of KESH, but meanwhile for the same year they accounted for only 2.9 percent of the expenses. This indicator proves that the profit rates at the HPPs that these accused sold abusively were at least twice higher than the average of KESH, thus confirming their high profitability. Under these conditions, an answer is required, why was this abusive act carried out to the detriment of the state budget and national wealth?!
6. The Shkopet Hydropower Plant and the two Bistrica Hydropower Plants were sold at the exact moment that large investments from state budget funds and large grants from the RF Government of Germany were used for their reconstruction. SPAK has the duty to investigate how much this amount was invested from the state budget money and the German Government, and exactly after this investment, instead of the state budget benefiting from the 10 million dollars for each year, these 4 hydropower plants gave you to the private sector through active and passive open corruption and open theft through abuse of office.
7. Former Prime Minister Sali Berisha, former minister Ilir Meta and their collaborators, after bypassing the implementation of Law no. 8306, dated 14.3.1998 "On the strategy of privatization of sectors of special importance", they sold the four HPPs, with 132.2 million euros less than their value. SPAK should investigate this fact, appointing a group of experts to really assess whether this figure of 132.2 million euros less is real, is it more, or is it less? What denunciation material does the High State Control have for this fact? Former Prime Minister Sali Berisha and his associates Ilir Meta etc. have initiated and issued decision No. 717, dated 20.10.2011 "For the transfer of 100% of the shares of the Company HEC-i Lanabregas Sh.a, Tirana", owned by METE, sold to the Company "Ujësjellës-kanalizime" Sh.a Tirana" for 15 million euros. While four HPPs "Bistrica 1", "Bistrica 2- sh.a", "Ulez" and "Shkopet" were sold for 1.6 million euros less than the value of the HPP "Lanabregas". Besides the open theft by abuse of office and active and passive corruption, what has influenced this unprecedented act against the national wealth?!
8. Former Prime Minister Sali Berisha and his associates have made changes with the open corrupt intent of two VKM, the one with no. 152 and 153, dated 29/02/2012. Based on the law and these VKM, the strategic investor must have experience in managing HPPs.